Friday, July 11, 2008

birthday at the beach

19 weeks.

We've had a really good week, starting with a great visit from Bo's parents on Friday night. On Saturday, we left for my parents' house. On our way, we stopped to see Bo's brother, Bret, and his family.


On Sunday, we arrived at one of my all-time favorite places, Ocean City, NJ. We stayed through Wednesday, which meant I spent my birthday at the beach... perfect! I have a long list of food items to make sure I consume before my beach trips end, including Curly's fries, Irish potatoes, Kohr Bros. ice cream, fried veggies, Shriver's fudge, Bob's lemonade... the list goes on. My favorite is a banana whip, a sort of soft serve ice cream-type dish made with frozen bananas and sprinkled with fresh blueberries (if you read my other food choices, you might find this quite ironic).


My birthday was slightly flawed when I was walking with my Curly's fries and was literally attacked by about 10 seagulls. Screaming, I dropped the container and ran. Out of my 26 years at the shore, I have never had this problem, and I was pretty angry at the defeat. Besides this small glitch, we had wonderful weather, good beach times, and cool nights walking on the sand and the boardwalk. Ahhh, the O.C.

2 comments:

Gearhart Gang said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gearhart Gang said...

Speaking of your 26 years at the shore..... would you happen to remember when we rented a 2 person bike on the boardwalk and I crashed us into some guy with a stroller??? He was really mad! lol, you were SOOOOOOOOOOOO embarressed and mad at me, we hardly talked the whole way back to our place! I swear, it was really hard to steer that stupid bike! ....who's idea was that anyway? :) oh, good times...