
Here's Liam ready to go to his first "Water Tots" swim class. The class is through the local community college and is held at the convent near La Roche college. Here's their awesome building (just a little drive-by photography):

The class encourages submersion, and Liam was dunked by the teacher within the first 5 minutes. It surprised him, but he recovered well. The class has a lot of 2- and 3-year olds, but there are ways to adapt all of the lessons for the smaller babies. The parents participate in the lessons together, so I'm happy that the nuns like their pool warm! Liam was very excited to get in - the teacher was explaining some things, and he was flipping out trying to dive in the pool. When we finally got in, he had a huge open-mouth grin for most of the time, and thouroughly enjoyed sitting on the side and jumping in to me. I'm sure he can't wait for next Wednesday, but my arms need that long to recover - it was quite a workout trying to keep him afloat!
On another note, Liam has been finding some interesting places to rest. He opens drawers and climbs in, pulls out toys from his toy boxes to sit in them, etc.

I found him wedged between his toybox and the fireplace, playing quietly. I guess he also propped the lid up behind him for a padded backrest!

I found him inside these shelves this morning, just resting.
1 comment:
Love the swimsuit! And that last picture is hilarious! Would you please let your child nap when he's tired?
Post a Comment