Wednesday, October 27, 2010

free holiday cards

I thought I would participate in a Shutterfly promotion that asks bloggers to write about their Holiday Card Giveaway. I don't usually write about products on here, but I'm not turning down 50 free Christmas cards! If you are interested, here are some ideas that I was asked to write about.
First, I was asked to write about my favorite Shutterfly card design. I’ve used Shutterfly for Christmas cards before, and I like their selection of cards to use for the Christmas season. My favorite card from a past experience is Holiday Berries http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/christmas-holiday-cards/holiday-berries-christmas-5x7-folded-card?fg=256&sortType=1&fa=2&storeNode=93476&fe=1&fb=1. This is the card I used for the holiday season of 2008, and I picked this design to double as a Christmas card and Liam’s birth announcement, since he was born only a month before Christmas. I loved the deep red and brown contemporary look. The card was a part of their premium selections and was printed on cardstock, making it just a little fancier than other photo cards. This year, I want to use a family picture from our trip to the beach, and I like the simplicity of Bells Jingle http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/christmas-cards/bells-jingle-christmas-4x8-photo-card-4x8-photo?sortType=1&fa=2&storeNode=93476&fe=4&fb=2, or Charming Holly Wreath http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/cards-stationery/charming-holly-wreath-christmas-4x8-photo-card-4x8-photo?sortType=1&fa=2&storeNode=93476&fe=4&fb=2. Since we have friends and family that live far from us, I love to receive photo cards to hold on to, especially to be able to remind Liam of all of his aunts, uncles, and cousins.

If you are interested in the different photo products Shutterfly offers, here are some links:
Holiday photo cards: http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/christmas-photo-cards
Holiday Gift Tags: http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/christmas-gift-tags
Holiday address labels: http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/christmas-address-labels

Here's the current promotion for getting 20% off your Christmas cards: http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery

Here's what to add to Twitter or Facebook to tell fellow bloggers: “50 free holiday cards from Shutterfly http://bit.ly/sfly2010 #SFLY”

If you have a blog and want to participate, here's the link to submit for getting your free 50 holiday cards: http://blog.shutterfly.com/5358/holiday2010-blog-submission-form/

1 comment:

The Hedden Family said...

Wow, thanks for all the info! I can't wait to pick my Christmas cards now!