Liam had his first day of preschool! It was a phase-in day, which meant a shorter morning and the parents stayed in the room. It was so much fun to watch what their days will be like, and everyone did a great job listening, cleaning up, and playing. My once shy, anxious Liam, who would be left with no one but us, is now a social and fairly confident preschooler. I couldn't be more thrilled, and waiting until this year was definitely the right choice. I can't wait to see how he does this year!
Maya is also in his class!
Naturally, he gravitated to the trains
Standing on their carpet squares and getting ready to dance!
Their teacher (who is also principal of the whole school!) read them The Kissing Hand, a story about a raccoon who doesn't want to leave his mother. The children then went to a table and secretly traced their hand, colored it, and presented it to the parents. If you look carefully, Liam has a picture beside the hand. I asked him about it and he said, "That's me. I'm sad." I asked why and he replied, "Someone took my arms and hands!" I'm not sure what that was about, but I'm guessing it has to do with the hand he drew? It cracked us up, and I can't wait for more preschool crafts and stories!
Hugs for Mrs. Maier at the end of the morning.







No comments:
Post a Comment