Sunday, August 14, 2011

a liam update

Since I haven't posted about Liam in a little while, here are some updates on him. Enjoy the "Many Faces of Liam" throughout the post. He is quite the character, as usual, and we find ourselves laughing at the things he says and does on a daily basis.


surprise face

Liam has recently become very imaginative. He acts out scenes using characters from his favorite TV shows, like Thomas, Go, Diego, Go, and Dora the Explorer. I am often Alecia from Go, Diego, Go, and he is Diego. He will ask, "Hey, Alecia? Do you want to ride in the car with me?" I will answer, "Yes", but I am often asked if I can answer, "Yes, Diego", using his fake name as often as possible. On a walk the other night with Bo, he really went wild with his imagination, claiming that Diego was jumping from airplanes, Baby Jaguar fell and needed to be carried, and Diego was in the street playing with rocks (and Bo and Liam had to sit in the street and join him).


grumpy face

He is still so sweet with Avery, and he is always asking to hold her, feed her, or he wants her to watch him play. He shares toys with her, and when she wakes up from a nap, he becomes a train and visits her in her crib. He shouts, "Toot! Toot! I'm comin' Avery!", and chugs up to see her, always stopping in the hallway to "get coal", which involves very loud "schhh" sounds, as he fills up. It is a very involved process.

He is still obsessed with all things transportation, especially trains, trucks, and construction vehicles. He studies them and remembers all their correct names, and people are quite amused when he tells them about front-end loaders, concrete crushers, and graders. He builds tracks for his trains every day, and plans out stories using all his characters from Thomas.

He also like building blocks and doing puzzles. Outside, he loves playing in his sand table (with construction vehicles, of course), riding in his Power Wheels car (still a hit since getting it at 11-months-old!), and pushing his lawnmower.

We talk about moving every day, and he "helps" me pack. If anyone is thinking about moving with a teething 6-month-old (yes, that was her problem), a 2-year-old, and a current house with lots of repairs and things going wrong, my advice is: don't. It will all be worth it when we are in our house next week, though. Liam is most excited about our finished basement, because he will have his beloved ride-on fire truck back and can zoom all around the basement's laminate floors.


"sweet smile"


Liam's behavior goes in waves, but at this age, I really only notice big issues if he is getting sick, or is getting over being sick. He is generally well-behaved, and I really notice him getting better at listening and obeying. Time-outs are so effective with him; a warning that he will go to time-out usually does the trick, but if he does go to it, he stis for the whole 2 minutes (crying, of course), then gets up, apologizes, and doesn't repeat the behavior soon after.


I'm really excited to see him with all the new space in the new house. I'm sure I'll have lots more updates about him exploring his new bedroom, play areas, and yard!

1 comment:

The Hedden Family said...

Love the faces. Can you also post a video of that other trick Bo taught him? :)