Monday, September 19, 2011

"preschool"

Well, it's been a while. Things have been super busy since moving into our new house on August 29th. We are so happy to be in it; it's so spacious compared to our last house! With space comes a need for more stuff, though, so we've been trying to fill the rooms without going broke! Our major problem is the fact that there are so many windows, and none of them had blinds. It's no fun spending money on blinds, curtains, and rods, but I suppose it's necessary since we have neighbors... Anyway, I hope to do a house tour-type post soon so you can see the new place!
On top of moving, unpacking, furniture shopping, and decorating, we were at the beach last week, so hopefully I will get those pictures up soon.

In the midst of all that, I've started my own loose version of preschool with Liam. It gives us something to do a few days a week, and I have loved getting a few items that help fill my teaching void. In the top picture, he is using a little mat that teaches letter recognition and matching uppercase and lowercase letters. I also have a workbook, and one page had a maze. I set it in front of him to see what he would do, and he actually followed the maze. I didn't know he could do that, so that was neat!


Here he is playing with Bendaroos, wax-covered string that you can shape and re-shape. He loves those.




And here's Avery hanging out in her bouncer while we work. My plan is to work with him during her morning nap in the future!


It will be fun to continue these activities, and I'll post different ones as we go. I have a daily fear that Liam's stubborn side will show and he will resist doing them, so hopefully I can keep them fun and engaging!

1 comment:

The Hedden Family said...

I'm very impressed with the maze!!! However, I would have liked a full picture of the elephant outfit on Avery! :)