Avery had her first birthday party yesterday! I did a ladybug theme, since ladybugs are on her bedding and she was a ladybug for Halloween - it just seemed to fit! I had been collecting ideas for a while, which was fun, but also dangerous, as I wanted to do everything I found. I made a few ladybug-inspired foods, and decorated in red and black. Avery even wore a red dress with black spots, before changing into her "1" shirt and tutu for cake time! The party was held at the "Barn" at our church, which was a perfect spot for everyone and their kids. My parents came out for the party, and it was so nice to have their help with preparing food, transporting everything, setting up, and cleaning up. Besides some appetizers and sweet treats, we had some breakfast casseroles, muffins, and fruit, since her party was at 10:30. When it was cake time, we gave her a cupcake, which she delicately enjoyed for a few moments before she lost interest. We all had a great time, and everything turned out cute. Now I can relax and savor this last week of her as a baby before she actually turns one!
And here's one from after the party. Liam and Avery were playing with her new dollhouse:
1 comment:
Everything looked great!!! I still can't believe we missed Aves in her ladybug dress and her tutu cake outfit! I would have killed to see that face she's making with the cupcake in person! Oh, well, just need a visit soon!
Post a Comment