We've been working on "finishing" our backyard with some updates like planting more grass, adding furniture and flowers, and next on the list is staining the patios. We have 2 patios, one large and 1 small, and we've moved our table and chairs onto the smaller patio. Unless we have company over, the table works great there with just 2 chairs (it's pretty crowded with all 4), but that left us with little seating for the kids. Bo and I were talking about getting a picnic table for them, so the next day I searched craigslist and found one nearby for $5. When I emailed the person selling it, I figured out she was almost walking distance from me, and she told me just to take it for free! (The pic above is the kids "washing" toys in the soapy water I had used to clean the picnic table).
Behold the green, pink, and blue gem:
This dated color scheme isn't exactly my thing, so I taped off the light gray base, and painted the top and seats a light brown using a spray paint made for plastic. I love how it turned out! Can't beat it for free. The kids LOVE it, and they run to sit at it for snacks, lunch, and dinner.
All 5 Bucklen/Shaw kids having a picnic together
And here are some pictures of the kids enjoying the splash pad on recent hot days:
And I loved catching this butterfly on the flowers!
No comments:
Post a Comment