Tuesday, December 3, 2013

deep creek performances

We spent Thanksgiving in Deep Creek with the Bucklen side of the family. Each time we get together (once in the summer and once in the winter), the kids of each family choose a song to lip sync and choreograph. There is a guitar that holds the ipod and serves as a speaker, and that guitar goes home with the winner til the next vacation. The planning and practicing keep the kids super busy and the performances always turn out cute. This year, the kids could earn extra points by including one of the younger kids (Blake, Liam, Avery), so they got busy trying to convince the little ones to join. If I'm being honest, I rarely knew what Liam was up to the whole weekend, and I figured he was just busy playing with different cousins in the house. It turns out he was helping every group with their performances, learning the songs, holding the guitar, and learning some dance moves. Imagine my surprise when I watched him perform - I really had no clue he was even around the kids when they were practicing!
Some highlights:
Liam's moves in What Does the Fox Say?
Avery break dancing in What Does the Fox Say?
And the best moment ever between Liam and Emma at 1:19 in We Rock.

Tic Toc by Alayna, Austin, Aiden, and Liam 

 We Rock by Kayla, Ashley, Emma, and Liam

 What Does the Fox Say? by Jack, Alex, Liam, and Avery

No comments: