Tuesday, January 18, 2011

baby girl sprinkle

On Saturday, the girls from my playgroup threw me a little "Baby Sprinkle", a term I was unfamiliar with until maybe a year ago. It's a scaled-down shower, mostly for those expecting a baby of a different gender than the first. It was so exciting to have another baby shower, and it was done so nicely that it didn't really seem scaled-down at all! I am so lucky to have such great friends. We have all the baby gear from Liam, but it was so nice to receive items that were specifically for a girl. The playgroup consists of girls I taught with; some stay home and others work through the school year. We all have kids within a few years of each other, and I'm not sure how I would have survived without their friendship! In addition to these girls, my mom and Layne also came to the sprinkle, as well as Adrienne and Susie, which made it even more special!
Over the weekend, we set up all the baby gear (goodbye, living room and dining room), and I put away the clothes and accessories for our little girl. I still have three weeks to go, but at least it's all ready if she decides to come any earlier!
Here are onesies for each month of Baby Girl's first year. They each have a sticker on them that says the month, so we can take pictures of her growth. We did this for Liam, except we didn't have adorable onesies like these!

Some of the playgroup girls


1 comment:

Gearhart Gang said...

AWW! that is so cute Kel!! I love that shot with your mom <3 You look GREAT and I can't wait to meet little Sis!!