Sunday, January 30, 2011

a little makeover

What does any normal person do 2 weeks before having a baby? Redecorate, of course. I really don't know what is wrong with me. I started to get really restless, and I would look around my living room every day and think of what I could do to change it up. I liked it before, but it was a little bit of a confused style. Now it's a lot brighter, more modern, and a lot more cohesive. It started with finding this rug:

It's surprisingly from Walmart. It's really plush, it's the right size for the room, and it did a lot to brighten up everything.

Liam helped vacuum as soon as I laid it down.


He loves it.



Then we added some new pillows:plus a lot of accessories that I scored from Goodwill, like little dishes (plastic and meant to go on the wall, in original Target packaging), a square letterpress sign, vintage bird and owl sculptures, and some vases and candleholders. I spray painted a lot of them white and it all came together. Nothing spectacular, but it was a fun little project.






And here's a little blackmail picture. Bo obviously thinks the new rug is pretty comfortable; he fell asleep on it last night. He started with the green pillow and the blanket, but Liam added the other 2 pillows, his bear, and his milk cup:

3 comments:

The Hedden Family said...

I love that last picture!!! Everything looks great - can't wait to see it! And you'll have new dining room chairs soon too! :)

DLDesigns said...

Let the nesting begin!

Little Bits of Fun said...

Nesting!! :) It looks great!