On Saturday, we drove to Oakland to the Carnegie Museum of Natural History. We left at 4:00 and the museum closed at 5:00, but we thought we decided we could see a few things and save a longer trip for another time. I love that we have a membership and can do that! Liam has taken a very recent interest in dinosaurs, and he was in awe of the huge displays and bones. He found the T-Rex and Brontosaurus, and made lots of comments about their size and long tails. The dinosaur exhibit had been under construction every time I had gone before, but it was worth the wait - it's really nice!
Checking out the wall of fossils
Liam loved this table of dinosaurs to play with
We had very little time to check out the other floors, but they have really neat displays of stuffed animals from around the world
What Liam thinks the moose's expression looked like
We were having a great time walking through the displays, when Liam screamed and started crying, grabbing my leg with all his strength. We were underneath these crocodiles, and I figured out they must have scared him. When he calmed down, he told us he saw the large crocodile's tail move! After a lot of convincing, we got him calm and explained that it was pretend and it did not move.
I'm not sure he believed us though, because he walked around the exhibit like this:
Ha! I did feel bad for him; he really believed that thing was moving. He even told us about it before bed, saying, "But it did move just a little". Oh, Liam.
And here are two pictures from later that evening - the view from my kitchen window as the sun set:
And poor Avery had to walk around like this after I bought her some hair accessories!
Yesterday we made dinosaur and fossil cookies. We pressed (new and clean) plastic bugs into cookie dough to make fossils, and I let Liam cut out a few dinosaur shapes with cookie cutters:
1 comment:
That is one of the best faces I've ever seen on Liam! I also love him covering his face... poor guy (sounds like something Alex would come up with)! And I LOVE the little ponytail - priceless!!!
Post a Comment